Next: Gate Oxide Short
Up: Transistor Gate Bridge/Break
Previous: Critical Area Calculation
- Since transistor gate breaks are extracted the same way as normal
breaks, the same limitations apply to transistor gate bridge/breaks as
- Carafe assumes that a defect that causes a gate break primitive will
bridge exactly two diffusion terminals.
- Bridge/breaks in different types of transistors (pMOS and nMOS) do not interact.
- Transistor gate bridge/breaks are reported even if nothing
is separated by the break. Consider the circuit shown in
Fig 4.8. Transistor bridge/breaks would be reported for
both transitors even though the polysilicon on one side of the
transistor is just a stub.
- The overlapping of critical area from transistor gate breaks and
adjacent polysilicon breaks are not considered by the break extractor.
Wed Jan 24 11:51:06 PST 1996